Inspecting Environmental Impacts
January 14, 2021
The energy and utility industries play an important role in our regional economy and quality of life but do not come without inherent risks. Because of the risks posed by developing and transporting energy to endusers, careful monitoring of energy conveyance systems such as power lines and underground pipelines is paramount to minimizing their impact on the environment.
Our team is called upon by energy producers and transporters to monitor and document impacts on the environment resulting from (1) pipeline and transmission line placement or replacement and (2) the inspection and repair of energy-transportation infrastructure. During these activities, our role is to monitor compliance with applicable permits and client standard operating procedures to ensure minimal impact to the environment. Specifically, we perform pre-construction assessments and soil erosion and sedimentation control inspections before, during, and after repair or replacement of the utility. Our team also conducts biological assessments such as threatened and endangered species surveys, wetland identification and delineation studies, and mitigation plans.
Additionally, our team has excellent working relationships with regulatory agencies. This gives our energy sector clients additional confidence that our work complies with requirements and will be accepted by these agencies.
Envirologic’s team of Environmental Inspectors offers a broad range of services to the energy production and transportation industries. Our goal is to help them achieve regulatory compliance on each project — safely, on budget, and on time.
- Environmental inspections
- Soil erosion and sedimentation control inspections
- Site inspections during maintenance digs, including preliminary, active dig, and restoration inspections
- Storm water compliance, field monitoring, and permitting (construction and industrial certified storm water operators)
- Threatened and endangered species surveys (aquatic and terrestrial habitats)
- Wetland identification and delineation
- General site reconnaissance
- Spill response and support
- Environmental impact assessments
- Compliance Plans: (1) Spill Prevention Control and Countermeasure Plans (2) Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans
- Field audits
Envirologic is proud to be a highly rated vendor within ISNetworld, an international supplier/contractor verification company. ISNetworld continuously collects and verifies hiring clients to ensure we meet their high standards.
Learn more about one of our environmental inspectors, Matt Tanis.